Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sorry, Governor Romney


Sorry Governor Romney, a picture is worth a thousand words. Ex- Governor Mitt Romney's pro-life stance took a blow recently when a Boston newspaper released a photo of him attending a Planned Parenthood fundraising event in 1994. Romney's wife also cut a check to the group at the event.


The Governor had this to say from the Boston Globe:


"I attend a lot of events when I run for office. I don’t recall the specific event," the former Massachusetts governor said as he campaigned for the Republican presidential nomination. "I think I’ve made it very clear. I was pro-choice, or effectively pro-choice, when I ran in 1994. As governor I’m pro-life and I have a record of being pro-life and I’m firmly pro-life today."


So, lets get it straight. When Romney was running for Senator from and Governor of Massachusetts, he was pro abortion, to appeal to the voters. Now Romney is running for the Republican nomination for President of the United States, he is pro-life, again to appeal to the voters he faces in the primary.


I am not judging the man on his stand on abortion. It is his right to choose to be on one side or the other. What bothers me is that appears to be a man who will appeal to whatever base he faces, without principles. That just adds to his slickness.


Add that to the half truths he is using to attack former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and well, it seems Romney will use any words at his disposal to try to become President. The picture of him at the Planned Parenthood fundraiser is worth a thousand words. Two of the words that come to mind for me are "slick opportunist."


2 comments:

  1. Reagan was pro-choice and changed. Bush 41 was pro-choice and changed. Both changed when they ran on the national scene. It seems to me this is not an issue.

    If a candidate changes their position to protect life. Thank God!

    I can't believe someone would support Guiliani because he is pro-abortion and pro-gay. McCain wants to give our SS and country away to illegals. Huckster is all over the place.

    Romney is the man. Romney gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Looks like terry sullivan forgot to sign his comment.

    ReplyDelete