The VUI staff came up with reasons to write their Editor in for Governor:
9) Free BBQ and beer once a month on the grounds of the Governor’s Mansion
8) McCarty does not like hiking on the Appalachian Trail.
7) McCarty just says “no” to sexual advances from bloggers and lobbyists.
6) McCarty promises that the Friday before the Carolina-Clemson football game will be a paid state holiday.
5) McCarty has actually read the state constitution and will read any bills that come before him. It is called showing up to work, Ms. Haley.
4) Though committed to working with legislators, McCarty will never play “dress up” with Glenn McConnell.
3) McCarty will show up in failing schools unannounced and simply say, “What the Hell are you doing.?”
2) Money means nothing to the man. Haley and Sheheen get paid for their contacts. McCarty has no such desire. The guy would live in a tent if he thought it would help South Carolina.
1) Think how pissed the establishment would be if someone like McCarty got elected. They would go nuts. You want change? You want rebellion? Writing in McCarty would really do that. People would piss their pants.